THE Dispatch

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Team Slipstream Update

For an in depth analysis of Team Slipstream's Powered by Chipotle newest recruiting successes I turned to local Motorwerks Super-Domestique rider Chris L who gave me his in depth analysis of what CEO Director Sportif Jonathan Vaughters is up to.

"J. Vaughters said he wants a Pro Tour license in 2009. They do plan to start more of the classics and definitely Paris Roubaix in 2008. Vaughters is choosing all English speaking riders (one Frenchie- under 23 French champion), which looks smart as far as marketing in the US, Britain, & Australia goes. I am excited to see them grow because a couple of the young guys including Tim Duggan & Will Frisckorn, great climbers. Brad Huff, a sprinter, raced around here a few years ago. What kind of lead out could you get from Z-man, Millar, Backstedt, and Dean? I even like the argyle."

Thanks to Chris for taking time out of his training to respond to me with some in-depth thoughts. However, the argyle is still growing on me. Can't say I really "like" it yet. However I do really like Chipotle.

No comments: