THE Dispatch

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Velocity's Veloplugs for a Reason

A product better & lighter weight than Velox? Could it really exist? No! As a wheel builder I knew it was going to be tedious having to insert this "plug" into every single nipple hole but it seemed like a good idea...at the time anyway. I constantly check my tires for gradu, fill the tubes on a daily basis, and am very careful when choosing my line. Upon using these new veloplugs for the first time I immediately had not one, but two pinch flats where the tube was getting stuck between the rim and plug. I love Velocity rims, I have two wheelsets built with Deep V's but sorry guys you need to go back to the drawing board for your not-so-good Velox replacement.


An ending thought: All things happen for a reason. There was a reason why one restaurant was closed tonight and I had to go to another one and meet...

No comments: