THE Dispatch

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

High Winds in the AM

Usually when the time has come to arise and begin a day the alarm on my BlackBerry screams at me until I am out of bed. However, this morning was different as the sound of 40-50 mph wind gusting by my room window pulled me out of bed about two hours too early. Still surprised that cars have not been lifted off the ground but we are all holding fast.

A few cyclists were asked the big question: Speed or Comfort and Why?
Here is my favorite response: "When I want comfort, I'll take the bus. When I'm on the bike, I'm seeking that thrill that comes from 19 pounds of aluminum...keeping my 170 pounds only inches away from the asphalt surface as I hurtle down the hill at speeds that induce traffic citations.". --Bicycling Mag June 2005

Alright the bell is about to ring; back to class...

No comments: